Monday, June 20, 2011

HBOT - 10th+ Dive

It's 8:25pm on Monday night and I'm doing but I bet no one else is doing right now. Anyone else in a HBOT chamber with their child?? I'm laying here with my laptop while Aleks is also using a laptop and watching a movie. We're 30 minutes in and I have to say that I now look forward to our time in here. It's strange, but the quiet, hum of the compressor and oxygen concentrator, plus Sting in my headphones is actually quite calming. The thing I've been surprised about this HBOT chamber is the time commitment it takes. When we got it for the month we didn't realize that both of us would have to be here to go for a dive to happen. With Aleks so young and a little frightened of going in by herself it takes two people to operate. Someone has to be on the outside to get the outside zipper and to monitor the pressure and take us in and bring us out of a dive. We've actually timed it so we could do the pressure valve by ourselves, but the zipper is still the biggest issue. Anyway, it's a rare sunny, beautiful day and we decided to let her play after camp vs. doing the chamber before dinner. That's how it got to be 8:30 now and we're only halfway done with tonight's dive. What I'm thankful for is that despite the odd time and the fact that I have to get up by 4am, we're still in here and making a go of it.

I've been asked what changes are we seeing. Honestly, it's hard to say but I feel like we've seen an increase in language but also an emotional increase as well. Aleks emotions seem to be heightened after a dive. She cries easier, but if we can get some fish oil in shortly after a dive she is better. I'm hoping that from what I know the emotions coming out are all part of the healing going on inside. Night! xo

No comments: